At Avicenna College we are totally committed to producing the highest calibre of Child Care Educators – quality graduates that are truly dedicated, capable of providing the best possible standard of care for children, and have the potential and confidence to be future leaders and mentors to others within the industry.
This course will enable you to gain exceptional skills, knowledge and a nationally recognised qualification to prepare you for employment as an outstanding educator and professional within the children’s services industry.
You will certainly gain skills and knowledge in how to use a national learning framework, regulations and quality standards to support the education and care of children from birth to school age. You will be able to document, plan and evaluate children’s play and learning while ensuring children’s health and safety. At the end, you will be able to support the holistic development of children birth to school age and manage a children’s service to address regulations and quality assurance.
PROGRAMME MODULE/COURSE CONTENT
Our Diploma in Early Childhood Education is a highly comprehensive course, beginning with learning the fundamentals of working in children’s services and gradually building your skills and knowledge to an advanced level.
The Diploma in Early Childhood Education addresses the skills and knowledge required to provide care for individuals and groups of children, and to plan activities facilitating their leisure and play, enabling them to achieve their full potential.
This course consists of 28 subjects, which are delivered through a uniquely flexible and effective approach that ensures you gain your qualification within a surprisingly short amount of time.
- Pass SPM/O Level or equivalent with a minimum of three (3) credits OR
- Pass UEC with a minimum of three (3) Grade B OR
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 OR
- Sijil Kolej Komuniti (KKM) Level 3 OR
- Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM) with at least C in any subject) OR
- Other qualifications as recognized by MOHE OR
- Application through Accreditation of Prior Experiental Learning (APEL)
The children’s services industry in Malaysia continues to experience enormous growth. The Diploma in Early Childhood Education will qualify you to work in a variety of positions including:
- Centre Manager (children’s services),
- Children’s Service Director/Manager
- Children’s Services Co-ordinator
- Children’s Advisor
- Educator in a child care centre
- Educator in a kindergarten/pre-school
- Professional nanny within Malaysia or overseas
- Family day care worker
- Before and after school care assistant
- Play group supervisor
- Agency relief staff/mobile assistant
- Recreation assistant.